Renovating your restaurant every few years helps your business stay current and on trend. Even if your restaurant is doing well, upgrading facilities and implementing a new style can help you keep up with the demands of your clientele and attract new customers.
Use these tips to get the most out of your restaurant renovations:
- Be timely – Don’t wait until renovations are absolutely necessary. A restaurant can use a “facelift” every five to seven years, so plan ahead by creating a list of everything that can be improved. This will also help you budget accordingly.
- Check the lease terms – If you have a landlord, schedule a meeting to discuss renovation plans. Demonstrating how this investment will improve their property can help you get their support for renovations — they may even assist with some of the cost.
- Stay hands on – While your contractor will handle the finer details of the project, keep yourself in the loop. This way, you’ll avoid any surprises (especially unexpected costs) and maintain control of how renovations proceed.
- Get customer feedback – Ask customers what they want from your restaurant. Using this data to update lighting, seating, and decor will increase your appeal.
- Keep up with trends – Pay attention to relevant demographics in your area. For example, if trendy, young professionals live around your restaurant, a more modern and casual redesign might be a strong renovation move.
- Communicate with staff – Keep staff in the loop concerning renovations so they can answer clients’ questions and be aware of possible downtime/closure. Information about positive changes can generate interest among your clientele, and can boost employee morale if the improvements will make work safer, more efficient, and enjoyable.
- Advertise your restaurant – Design a marketing campaign to get attention during and after the renovations. Advertise your new features and how they will benefit your customers. Use the reopening to attract new clientele – a social media marketing campaign can reach many people who perhaps never knew of or visited your restaurant.
Renovating a restaurant is quite an undertaking, but the results can be well worth it. Use these tips to plan ahead and increase the effectiveness of your renovations.
Contact PT General Contractor Inc. at (416) 757-9100 for restaurant and commercial renovations. We offer quality construction services and construction schedules to ensure your satisfaction.