As your business grows, your office space adapts to the changes and evolves–your office staff increases in number, higher demands, or even redirection of business focus. To keep up with these significant changes, you might need to consider an office renovation.
A renovation helps turn the interior and exterior of the office building reflect on your company’s mission. By updating your workspace, it gives your customers an impression of a successful image and forward-facing attitude.
Reasons to Renovate
There are many reasons why you should give your office space a facelift. The work environment has a direct impact on your business’ and employees’ staff. Also, the look and feel of your office have a significant impact on your clientele’s impression of your business. When your workspace lacks vitality, it creates an unpleasant and drab impression. Making a few changes helps bring positive vibes to your business. While an office renovation is an expensive investment, it pays off in the long run.
Here are several great reasons why your office might need renovation:
- Modernize – Your office is the frontline of your business; that is why it is crucial to create a great first impression. Although you are selling modern and innovative products and/or services, an outdated office space defeats your purpose by sending a wrong message to your customers/clients.
Stay relevant with the changing industry styles and trends to maintain a modern look. Make sure to invest in new furnishings and state-of-the-art technology to attract more clients and boost employee morale.
- Rejuvenate your business – A renovation gets your business out of a rut by bringing in new energy to your office space, rejuvenating you and your employees. It is also a great way to revitalize your brand. Lastly, a sleek, eye-catching, and modern space makes clients respond better to your business.
- Create an efficient working space – When you renovate, it enables you to optimize the layout of our office, allowing you to create more space to fit your increasing number of employees, increase functionality, and ensure a comfortable environment for your staff. In addition to taking down walls to modify the office space, updating your furnishing helps improve the traffic flow in the office.
- Support rebranding – Renovation and rebranding always go hand-in-hand. Rebranding means changing the perception of your customers about your brand and renovation can help you achieve that by matching up the expectation of your potential clients and bringing positive effects of the rebrand.
How an Office Renovation Benefits Your Staff and Business
An office renovation can cost time and money, but it brings a positive impact on your business. The moment your potential clients step into your office, they start to assess your business. That is why it can be essential to give your workspace environment a new look.
Take a look at some of the amazing benefits to renovating your office space:
- Boosts productivity – Renovating your office does not necessarily mean closing your business temporarily. Professional contractors ensure entrepreneurs that their business stays open until the completion of the project. Once finished, renovation improves the organization and efficiency of your office by optimizing the workspaces and storage areas and facilitating workflow. It also creates a conducive environment for your staff, making them feel more motivated to work better and harder.
- Improved health and safety – Your employees are among the most valuable assets of your company. Workspace renovation helps enhance the health standards and safety of your staff. Walls, floors, and ceilings deteriorate over time and become hazards. Replace them to ensure a safe place for employees and customers. Altering the layout and structure and improving the ambience of your office space boost employee morale and reduce liability.
Also, professional contractors ensure that your office space complies with the health and safety code. Renovation enables you to address safety issues to protect your business from potential workplace accidents.
Include the following code-compliance and safety upgrades:
- Structural upgrades
- Fire protection systems upgrades
- Accessibility upgrades
- Energy code upgrades
Addressing these upgrades is a great way to improve the business safety record, making your workplace a better and safer place for both staff and customers.
- Employee happiness – One of the critical considerations when renovating the office space is who use it every day. The happiness of your employees plays a significant factor in your profit; how they feel about their work impacts their productivity and buy-in; this directly impacts your business.
A well-thought-out office renovation ensures a comfortable working environment that keeps your staff happy and motivated. Providing your team with office furniture that facilitates good posture makes them feel you care for their general wellbeing and prevent common office health problems.
- Attract customers and clients – Your company’s image and quality of your workspace can make or break the success of your business. Renovation helps bring new life to your office, which is crucial in making an excellent first impression. This shows your potential customers/clients that your business is doing well. It encourages your customers/clients to put their faith in your brand.
Office Renovation Ideas
An office renovation helps transform dull, boring office spaces into something that impresses your staff and clients. Adding a ‘wow’ factor to your renovation project is a great way to inspire and motivate your employees.
Here are some renovation ideas that will make your office stand out:
- Invest in ergonomic furniture – When it comes to office refurbishment, go ergonomic. Investing in ergonomic items and furniture, such as desks, chairs, and keyboards ensure health and productivity. Ergonomic keyboards provide better wrist support because they fit the natural curve of the hand, while ergonomic desks and chairs support proper posture and good health.
- Maximize lighting – Having access to natural light provides many health and wellness benefits to your staff. Open offices help maximize natural light throughout the workspace. Consider using glass dividers or other transparent or translucent surfaces for the walls to allow natural light to enter into your closed meeting rooms.
- Inject colour into your office space – Renovating your workspace allows you to revamp the entire area. Injecting some vibrant colours is an effective way to bring life and energy into a dull and uninspiring office. Although most companies use a neutral colour palette to decorate their offices, brighter colours have become increasingly popular in modern offices because it brings a sense of personality and reflects their branding.
- The mirror effect – The mirror effect is a perfect solution to small-spaced offices. Adding mirrors do not only refine the look of the office; the mirror effect makes small office spaces appear larger. Mounting mirrors near the windows give the room an open feel impression. Adding floor-length mirrors increases the brightness of the room.
- Collaborative working spaces – Open plan offices have become an increasing trend in workplaces. A collaborative working space helps maximize your open office design by creating a heads-down workspace that encourages your staff to get together.
Instead of individual desks and cubicles, add benches and long tables. Benching also benefits your employees with greater flexibility so that they can easily move around the office and collaborate with other staff.
Speak to your employees, brainstorm ideas together, and get a professional on board to help plan and cover all aspects of your office renovation.
PT General Contractor Inc. is a reliable commercial contractor serving Toronto businesses since 1999. We offer a wide range of construction services in the industrial, commercial, recreational, and hospitality sectors. We have the experience and technical knowledge, and expertise to build you a first-class facility. We operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us anytime at (416) 757-9100 to get a free estimate.